Shree Digambar Jain Siddha Kshetra Rajgir is 15 kilometers from Nalanda and about 97 kilometer from Patna. The Rajgir is about about 50 kilometers from Gaya and 300 kilometers away from Samed Shikhar ji.
Rajgir is a very ancient and holy jain pilgrimage known for the complex of jain temples and monasteries. It is located in a beautiful valley covered with lush green forest.
Rajgir is a very ancient city was known as Rajagraha during the region of King Bimisara and the capital of ancient Magadha.
According to the Jaina tradition recorded in Jinaprabhasuriji's Vividhatirtha kalpa, Rajagrha was not the first but the last name by which the capital of Magadha
came to be known. Of the four earlier names, Kusagpura name was mentioned in Si - yu-ki of Hiuen Tsiang and the Manjusri- mulakalpa.
During the reign of Bimbisara and Ajatsatru the city of Rajagraha was at the height of prosperity. The jaina texts (Jaina
Sutras) describe Rajagraha a city of which was rich, happy and thriving. At the time of Hiuen Tisang's visit in the 7th
century A.D. 'the only inhabitants of the city were 1000 Brahmins families and many Digambars lodged on the pi-pu-to mountain who practised austerities incesantly.